Ο Juan Cole πρόεδρος του Global Americana Institute καταρρίπτει τους ακόλουθους διαδεδομένους μύθους για το Ιράν, δυστυχώς για μας στην Αγγλική.
- Iran is aggressive and has threatened to attack Israel, its neighbors or the US
- Iran is a militarized society bristling with dangerous weapons and a growing threat to world peace.
- Iran has threatened to attack Israel militarily and to «wipe it off the map.»
- But didn’t President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threaten to ‘wipe Israel off the map?’
- But aren’t Iranians Holocaust deniers?
- Iran is like North Korea in having an active nuclear weapons program, and is the same sort of threat to the world.
- The West recently discovered a secret Iranian nuclear weapons plant in a mountain near Qom.
- The world should sanction Iran not only because of its nuclear enrichment research program but also because the current regime stole June’s presidential election and brutally repressed the subsequent demonstrations.
- Isn’t the Iranian regime irrational and crazed, so that a doctrine of mutally assured destruction just would not work with them?
- The international community would not have put sanctions on Iran, and would not be so worried, if it were not a gathering nuclear threat.
Οι σχολιαστές του θέτουν μερικούς ακόμα…